Limited partner interests are represented by five classes of partnership units.
- Class A Common Units are publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:EEP) and are owned by approximately 80,500 unitholders.
- Class B Common Units, for which there is no established market, are owned by the General Partner.
- Class D and E Units, for which there is no established market, are owned by a subsidiary of the General Partner.
- Incentive Distribution Units (“IDUs”), for which there is no established market, are owned by a subsidiary of the General Partner.
- I-units are owned entirely by Enbridge Energy Management, L.L.C., a publicly traded limited liability corporation (NYSE:EEQ), that maintains its shares on a one-for-one basis with the Partnership’s i-units.
Enbridge Energy Company, Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Enbridge Inc., is the General Partner and owns a 2 percent GP interest.
Click here to view an Ownership Structure chart showing ownership interests.
Limited Partner Units
Enbridge Partners has used a conservative mix of debt financing and partner capital to fund expansion projects and acquisitions since its inception. The following table shows partnership units outstanding as at the Issue Date noted. In total, the units represent a 98% ownership interest, with the remaining 2% owned by the General Partner.
|As of Date
|February 12, 2016
Click here to view a full Partnership Units History table.
Common Units Trading
Class A Common Units for Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P are listed on The New York Stock Exchange.
Common Units Prospectus
Any new issue of Enbridge Partners common units is sold by prospectus only, which must be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. For historical prospectuses, see SEC Filings. Prospectuses contain information current only to the date of filing.
Direct Purchase Plan and Distribution Re-Investment Plan
Enbridge Partners does not currently offer limited partnership units for purchase under either a DPP or a DRIP.
Registered unitholders should use the services of our Transfer Agent to make account changes. Non-registered ("street name") unitholders should contact their broker to make account changes.