Partnership Units

Partnership Interests 

Limited partner interests are represented by three classes of partnership units.

  • Class A Common Units are publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:EEP) and are owned by approximately 90,000 unitholders.
  • Class B Common Units, for which there is no established market, are owned by the General Partner.
  • I-units are owned entirely by Enbridge Energy Management, L.L.C., a publicly traded limited liability corporation (NYSE:EEQ), that maintains its shares on a one-for-one basis with the Partnership’s i-units.

Enbridge Energy Company, Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Enbridge Inc., is the General Partner and owns a 2 percent GP interest.

Click here to view an Ownership Structure chart showing ownership interests.

Limited Partner Units

Enbridge Partners has used a conservative mix of debt financing and partner capital to fund expansion projects and acquisitions since its inception. The following table shows partnership units outstanding as at the Issue Date noted. In total, the units represent a 98% ownership interest, with the remaining 2% owned by the General Partner.

As of Date Class A Class B Class D i-units Total Units
July 1, 2014 254,208,428 7,825,500 66,100,000 66,196,781 394,330,709

Click here to view a full Partnership Units History table.

Common Units Trading

Class A Common Units for Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P are listed on The New York Stock Exchange.

Common Units Prospectus

Any new issue of Enbridge Partners common units is sold by prospectus only, which must be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. For historical prospectuses, see SEC Filings. Prospectuses contain information current only to the date of filing.

Direct Purchase Plan and Distribution Re-Investment Plan

Enbridge Partners does not currently offer limited partnership units for purchase under either a DPP or a DRIP.

Transfer Agent 

Registered unitholders should use the services of our Transfer Agent to make account changes. Non-registered ("street name") unitholders should contact their broker to make account changes.